Spring Retreat in Alpine
April 24, 25, 26, 2009
Some writers requested our homework assignment to be a variation of the themes of our speakers, so in their honor we have put a twist on the previous assignment to become:
Romance and the Texas Rangers!
Dr. Barney Nelson-Creative Non-Fiction Assoc. Prof.
Sul Ross State University, Photographer/Writer
Linda LaRoque-Romance Novelist, Internet Writer
Mike Cox-Western Studies, Texas Rangers Researcher/Writer
However, if you liked earlier suggestions better, such as “Stranded” or “Nightmare at Camp”, and you cannot manage a way to mingle the first idea with a little romance and perhaps have your cowboys be Texas Rangers, that is fine. This is for fun, not stress!
Use your creativity. This can be a romantic love story or a non-fiction essay about how and why Texans and others around the world have a romantic concept about the Texas Rangers.
Rules are simple:
- Title your story something about romance and the Texas Rangers.
- The story, poem or essay must be 500 words or less.
- Bring your story to read around the fire, or send it to the Retreat Coordinator who will select someone to read it if you are unable to attend.
- You must be a TMTW member and/or be attending this year’s retreat.
- Your story may be as scary, silly, dramatic or serious as you wish.