Join the Texas Mountain Trail Writers
Membership in the Texas Mountain Trail Writers can help you grow as a writer, whether you write purely for fun or for a living. Membership entitles you to:
- free monthly programs with established authors and writers
- subscription to the monthly email newsletter (Log of the Trail)
- discount for the Annual Spring Writers Retreat
- opportunities to meet and socialize with other writers all over Texas and the southwest
- access to mentoring and critique groups
- opportunity to submit writing assignments for publication in the annual Chaos West of the Pecos anthology
- 1 copy of the annual Chaos West of the Pecos anthology of members’ and conference attendees’ submissions
- exclusive offers and benefits that support you as a writer
- discounted membership with Writers League of Texas (see below)
Annual membership fee is $20 per person.
Current dues year is April 30, 2017 to April 29, 2018.
Click the “Add to Cart” button below to join TMTW OR to renew your dues.*
For more information, contact Jackie Siglin at ten.d1505988867nebgi1505988867b@1ak1505988867salad1505988867ekab1505988867
*NOTE: The TMTW membership year is from April to April, aligned with the date of the TMTW Annual Spring Writers Retreat. If you attended the previous year’s retreat, then you are a current member because dues are included in the retreat fee. If you did not and you are joining during the membership year, the full dues are applied. Dues are not prorated.
Writers’ League of Texas Offers Exciting Opportunity for TMTW Members
TMTW members can now join the Writers’ League of Texas (WLT) at a special rate of $15 per year. If you are not already a WLT member, you may sign up immediately at this rate. If you are presently a WLT member, you will wait until you renew to receive the rate.
Becka Oliver, the WLT Executive Director, and a speaker at our 2014 April Writers’ Retreat, helped bring this idea to reality. She began discussions with our retreat participants about how the WLT, which is a statewide writers organization, might reach out to smaller writing groups. The WLT wants to build the writing community of Texas and give support and provide resources to writers. This lower membership rate offer came from these discussions. It is a first time experience for the WLT and the TMTW is the first group to receive it. Both organizations hope it be the start of a long time joint effort of cooperation.
The WLT has many benefits and discounts to offer members.
- Membership is 100% tax deductible
- Member discounts on all Writers’ League classes, retreats, conferences (this includes the Agents & Editors Conference in Austin and Summer Writing Retreat in Alpine)
- Advance notice and pre-registration opportunities for classes and events
- Members-only monthly Open Office Hours and one-on-one time with staff and experts (These are one-on-one “meets” with Becka Oliver or Jen Ziegler and members to answer questions or get guidance on writing topics. These meetings can be in person or on the phone. A great way get 30 minutes of undivided attention from the experts.)
- An invitation to join Footnotes (WLT’s email newsletter) and Scribe (WLT’s official blog) which go out to thousands of subscribers. Members can also use these subscriptions as a medium to promote their writing. Only WLT members can post announcements via the newsletter and write guest posts for the blog.
- Discounted subscription to Poets & Writers magazine: $11.95 for one year (regularly $19.95)
- WLT members receive a special discount of 10% off all purchases (excluding the coffeehouse) at BookPeople in Austin
- WLT members get an additional 3 MONTHS FREE of Premium Member Access when purchasing a 12-month subscription to the Author Learning Center
- WLT members receive $50 off on headshots from Sam Bond Photography
- WLT members receive a 10% discount on website and marketing services at Site Street.
- WLT members receive 10% off private retreats booked in advance and 15% off “Write Away Stays” booked anywhere from 1-3 days in advance at The Writing Barn
- WLT members receive a 10% discount at the Luz de Blanco Retreat Center in Texas Hill Country
- 10% discount on printing and binding at One Touch Point/ Ginny’s / contact Terry Sherrell
TLC Graphics and Narrow Gate Books will transform your manuscript into a beautiful, salable book, escorting you all the way with outstanding and personal service. $150 discount on print cover design to all WLT members.
- Free publicity – Twice each calendar year, members can submit a 50-word announcement about their published works or related events in Footnotes. Members are also invited to submit guest blog posts to Scribe.
To take advantage of this great offer, TMTW members should do the following:
Go to WLT (www.writersleague.org) and click on “JOIN” on the upper right. Then click on “Join Online” on that page. Choose the STUDENT membership ($15) and, at the bottom of that form, answer the question “How did you hear about us?” by selecting MEMBER REFERRAL and writing TMTW in the input box.
The WLT will check with the TMTW to make sure you are a member of our organization before they will give you the reduced rate.